The Seonsaengnim in Me



It's really odd that when you were still a child, you pretty much know what you want to be when you grow up. But when you already grown up, you really aren't sure of what course will you get or what path will you choose. I must admit it, I want to be a "nurse" back then.  But as time passes by, things happen not how we expected but for sure, for a reason. I already knew it before that to take nursing is really costly and knowing that I didn't came from a wealthy family and the possible tuition would burden us. In addition to that, I passed in the entrance exam from a prestigious school, which is my school now, where med courses are sadly not yet offer. And for some instances, I fell on this course, Education, to be a teacher, which I didn't expected. But things happened for a purpose, right? And yes I learn to love teaching. Each time I see children who are truly willing to learn, especially those of who where on rural area, there is this eagerness in me to want to graduate immediately and share to them the knowledge and inspiration that they need. I personally want to teach those students who live in a rural area, those who are really willing to learn but lack the things, facilities, motivations, parents that supports and teachers that will mentor them. I want to give hope to them and open their eyes. Lead them  to the knock of opportunities that are just there waiting to opened.

As for right now, we can't really say that we're fully ready and that we know everything we need to do unless we are in the actual field. But to rate myself if how ready I am to teach generation Z, looking back to all my experiences, learnings, and all that I've been through with my study, I can say that I'm a bit closer from being fully ready and equip. And this is where I'll always stand, "I'll believe in them and believe that they can no matter how much they don't to themselves. I'll believe in them, always will."  I am really now excited to do my on-the-job training which is the practice teaching. I am thrilled to be called Ma'am, teacher, cher or a Seonsaengnim (a Korean term for "teacher").

Comments

  1. Angie Mae Oberio22 May 2018 at 01:13

    Go ate bevs. Pursue your dreams! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything happens for a reason but great is the result. Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudette Jane Genosa22 May 2018 at 01:31

    Dako sweldo ang teacher. Libreha ko pag nakatrabaho naka ha? ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. balang araw tatawagin kana ring Maam.
    and become one of their fav. teacher!!!
    FIGHTING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can sooo relate with this. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. laban lang.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soon magiging teacher din tayo, laban lang *_*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fight fight always :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. go future teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once you are already in the field, you will love this profession even more! Good luck Beverly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Freedom Writers - a reflection

Video Editing - The Metric System Conversion